Sheesh. Talk about hibernation. When I come home, and have a little time to spare and a lot of lost sleep to catch up on, I "hibernate." Which does not mean I sleep all the time. I am incapable of sleeping all the time. (I think I made it to 11:00 on Saturday. Go me.) Even if it wasn't fundamentally incompatible with my constitution (no matter how comfortable I am, I always think of things I want to be doing), my room has lovely wide windows crossing two walls... and the drapes just aren't thick enough to keep out the sunlight! So, what have I been up to? Well, I have slept late nearly every morning. (9:00, 10:00, which you probably consider early...) I generally read a lot in these phases, but I was doing okay. Then, I thoughtlessly read one Mercedes Lackey book, and found myself hooked on the entire series. Admittedly this is stuff I haven't read in years, but I really did have better things to do. But I needed to get far enough before leaving that I wouldn't have to bring ten books with me... I've also been doing useful things. Laundry, of course, and last night I had to finish the meatloaf (my mom's meatloaf is superb) for dinner. Now that my car and I are here, we are eligible for chauffer duties, such as taking my brother to class. While the meatloaf is in the stove and could burn or explode, or something. Joy. I've only seen one movie so far. Friday night, my dad, one of his buddies, and I went to see Daredevil. (Kind of a weird thing for college professors to go see, but these people are series film nuts, and they'll watch nearly anything.) Parts of it were okay, but it took lack of coherent plotlines to a level I wouldn't have thought possible with stars like Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner, and Colin Farrel. (If even actors like these can't make the dialogue sound natural, you know the movie has problems.) And (this is a mild spoiler, I guess), every single star appears to die... but doesn't. Sequels aside (and one wonders how they'd bribe any of the actors to return), even super hero movies need some credibility. As usual, there has also been a lot of TV for me to catch up on. I've been watching West Wing and 24 whenever I'm not reading, cleaning, or cooking. To make it more fun, episodes alternate on my dad's tapes. And both of these shows are in really interesting periods (I was beginning to wonder about this season of 24, but it seems to be getting back on track), but whenever I get really into one of them, the episode ends and I'm back to the other. I'm not caught up yet, but I think I'm close. The catch is that I need to be able to see tonight's 24 so that I can (1) watch it as it happens and (2) bring the tapes to Sarah. At least, I think I'm supposed to bring the tapes to Sarah. I don't really know. To make life more fun, blogger is now giving me nice, confusing error messages. :P Also, my computer reads the font of the dates very messily. Does this happen to anyone else? (It really looks sharp on my laptop...) Turns out (I'd forgotten) that today is Shrove Tuesday. (I know, I knew that tomorrow is Ash Wedneday. I'd fogotten what that meant for today. At school it doesn't mean anything, and I'm not usually home this early.) Which means... the Shrove Tuesday Pancake Super! Yay. Like good Lutherans, our youth run the same fundraisers every year. There can be additions, but some things never change. Not only is my brother youth, but they're raising funds for a trip I'm chaperoning. Which means I not only get to attend, I have to drive my brother there in time to set up. So I get to help set up. I wouldn't ordinarily mind, but I really don't have time for this today. Fortunately, Sam has to be home at 6:30 to be picked up for something else church-related, so we have a nice excuse not to be there all night. Tomorrow, I head to Toledo. I'll leave my car there, and Heather and I will drive to her dad's place in Michigan. Then, we'll spend all day Thursday driving northeast along the edge of Canada. We should be in Montreal with Sarah sometime Thursday evening or night, as long as we're not slowed down by weather, accident, or suspicious border guards. (Considering that we'll be two college students who look younger than our real ages, driving a college student sort of car filled with college student possessions, I can't imagine we'll look like we need thorough searching, but one never knows. And they're paranoid these days.) The weather is the chief concern... we're both safe drivers, and I think I can handle Americans and Canadians—they can't be as bad as Croatians with guns in the middle of the woods well after dark. But please pray for nice weather, and no snow storms to bog us down or leave us stuck in Ohio. I'm horribly behind both online and in real life. Time to stop blogging and start working! Edit: I added a comments link. I think. I just stuck on a blue template, and left it alone. I have no idea what it will look like, or if it will work. I did see it, once, but it doesn't seem to be there anymore. :( ~Erin, 3:16 PM Comments: Post a Comment