"Redwaaaalll!"
I more or less (such a lovely phrase—does it mean anything?) randomly re-read The Bellmaker last night. If you haven't read Brian Jacques, you really should. Easily the best literature for young people being written today. (Although, to be strickly honest, the early books are definately the best!) Start with
Redwall and
Mossflower and ignore the silly illustrations and "cute" talking animal aspect, and I think you'll agree that these books are a lot of fun! (It really wouldn't be fair to compare Harry Potter and Redwall. The poor wizards wouldn't have a leg to stand on!)
This time around, I was struck by the oddness of their obligatory war cries. Every group just
has to have their own. "Redwall!" and "Eulalia!" are so standard that one doesn't question them, but it's really rather funny when one encounters new groups.
Moles aren't nearly as much fun without my mom to do voices!