I'm only a little crazy.
The rest is just hormones. Sure, that's it.
Anyway. I meant to blog yesterday after practicing my guitar after choir, but when I returned from choir Bush was about to kind-of-but-not-really declare war (Congress is supposed to do that, you know) and by the time I returned to my room I still had to practice guitar, but I was already completely deflated. Maybe this explains the sense of impending doom I've had all week. (Either that, or it's all the work hanging over my head... tough call.)
So, I've been generally depressed today. It's hard not to be depressed when there's a war on (amazing, isn't it, how we can go about our ordinary lives while others' lives are being irrevocably lost or altered?), and then there are the aforementioned hormones, which encourage depression anyway. I'm sick of a war that just started, and I'm especially sick of the "debate" that surrounds it. No one discusses the intricasies that really matter—each "side" has a string of positions that they sling back and forth at each other, with little regard for logic. If one hints that one might be less than enthusiastic about the whole thing, its unequivocable supporters assume one has left one's brain in a drawer somewhere and replaced it with warm, fuzzy feelings. The fact that some demonstrators and speakers are what Sarah calls "peace sheep" doesn't mean all objections are invalid. I'm more than willing to conceed that
both sides have very good points, but I've yet to be entirely convinced that war was the
only possible way to deal with Saddam Hussein.
Gah. I don't want to talk about this anymore. I only meant to say that I'm tired of explaining myself backwards and forward, right and left to forestall objections that I've
already considered. (Nothing makes me see red faster than not being credited with reasoning ability. :P)

Anyway. This is "Lin," dressed as a junior mage student at a pretigious academy (they teach many subjections, this is just one). She's enrolled as Analin Darcy, but that isn't her real name. (That's not her real hair, either. She just dyed it, so it looks a little funny.) Lin is not really supposed to be studying at this particular school, but her mage talent recently expanded beyond the ability of the mages from her homeland. I'd tell you more, but this all technically fits into the world of the Forest, and I need to work on it a bit more before I'll know what I can do with it.
As a character, "Lin" is only two or three days old, so the amount of world information I've gotten off of her is really quite remarkable. The doll is wearing cute little boots for going outdoors. I imagine they have slippers that would be more appropriate, but Lin dresses how Lin wants to dress, thank you. (She's pretending to be about 14, but she's really older, and quite mature for her age.)
It's her first day. But I don't think she's nervous.