Virtual Dust
Virtual Dust


Salli's Messy Little Blog (Guaranteed 100% Non-allergenic)

Tuesday, March 25, 2003
I swear it was still Monday when I posted this.
Blogger's clock is a couple minutes fast, because my computer time is definately accurate, and it wasn't yet midnight when I first posted! Argh!

Lin is at her post-graduation party.  She could hardly wear this dress to class! You remember
Lin, right? She's all grown up now, and has a much nicer hair cut. ;) It wasn't really supposed to be Lin, but she seemed to want to be blonde, and I only have so many blonde characters who could wear that outfit. (True, it's a bit more modern than one normally sees in the world of the Forest, but she's living in a city that's about as modern as it gets.) She somehow looks less tempermental, which is probably just as well.

Interestingly, although Lin is quite good at "dying" her hair (eyebrows included), her eyes itch when she uses it on her eyelashes. Which explains the dark eyeliner, because Lin has very long lashes that really shouldn't belong to someone with blonde hair. (And, now that I cleverly added a background, you should actually be able to see her sleeves.)

Anyway. It has been a very long day. Monday's are generally like that, but today was worse than usual.

I didn't sleep well last night. (Probably what comes of exhaustion and anxiety.) In the five minute interval that is all I get for "snooze" on my alarm clock, I contrived to fall fast enough asleep to have a weird dream... twice. Then, I had class (Liberal Democracy in America—the political science department likes long names), lunch, and barely enough time to finish the reading I couldn't process at 1:00 in the morning. I trudged off to class again (Modern Political Philosophy), followed directly by more class (Linguisitics), and a trip my first prof's office to discuss a paper that's due next week. I pretty much have to write it tomorrow, because it's not smart to have work to do upon one's return from a dance competition, and I won't have time for it Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday. However, between the discussion with classmates while waiting and a quick meeting with the professor, I now have a pretty good idea what I'm doing. If only it wasn't going to require so much research...

By then, my brain was pretty much fried. I worked on Lin (doll-making is great for such times, because it requires enough concentration that one can't think of ten other things) and then went to dinner. Then, it was time for gospel choir (long, but reasonably productive), followed by Bible study. The "unit" this week covered the beginning of James 4, which was quite applicable to stressed college students. (I'm forever surprised that I actually like James, once I get past the "do this, don't do that" language.) Then, I came back, finished Lin, and started blogging. (With, I might add, rather a lot of distractions. Sarah.)

Why is Monday yell-and-scream-and-set-off-firecrackers(-that-are-probably-illegal) night?

~Erin, 12:00 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


Salli's most recent mood

Quick Links:
Sarah - Jeni
Kat - Rayne
Heather - Eri


ice shadow flower by Sarah
This page is powered by Blogger. Is yours?