I am such a geek.
But, hey, when researching complicated papers, one has to take what enjoyment one can get.
This is such a cool website. You can look up your representative and senators (by zip code, if you're not up on such things) and find out all sorts of interesting things. Be sure to check out "Special Interest Groups" and scroll down the list to see what various organizations think of him or her. It can be quite enlightening. (I didn't even know there
was an American Apparel and Footwear Association!) Be sure to peruse gun issues... I used to work for one of those groups. ;)
If you thought
that was fun, the truly geeky can go to
Open Secrets and find elaborate campaign finance information. It's so depressing seeing all those PAC contributions prettily arranged and easy to access. Last fall, I had to get all that info staight from the FEC website, which was quite a headache. And now it's all easy to access! (Ah, the agony of doing research several months too soon. ;)
It's really amazing the information one can find reliably on the internet, just by knowing where to look.
This message has been brought to you by very little sleep, the song stuck in Salli's head, and Too Much Political Science.