Virtual Dust
Virtual Dust


Salli's Messy Little Blog (Guaranteed 100% Non-allergenic)

Friday, February 21, 2003
It's technically "History of Political Philosophy: The Modern Quest for Justice."
But I call it "Political Philosophy," or maybe "Modern Political Philosophy," because I'm just confused. Everyone knows that Quest for Justice is the super-spiffy class that is the only thing they let freshmen take in political science. (It may also be the one freshman class known to man that's a fully worthwhile and justifiable experience even for people who came into college with two courses worth of English credit.) The other half is even worse... it's called Classic, but everyone refers to it as Ancient. (Aristotle and Plato being "the Ancients," while Hobbes and Locke are "the Moderns.")

Anyway, that's the class I just got back from. I actually like the course, but I never expect to (Machiavelli and Hobbes get on my nerves). It's even applicable to current events and (more useful for my purposes) my other political science class. My prof frequently refers to the Federalist Papers, which we only finished a week or so ago. However, today I found myself wishing that one or two of the "Moderns" was actually alive during my lifetime. Just for variety, you understand.

In order to write that first paragraph, I had to check how much credit I actually got from AP English. While viewing my transcript, I noticed that there's transfer credit from last semester. I got an A on my mega research project... yay! Salli is very happy. :)

(Also, I now seem to be one class worth of credit short of the total one technically needs for graduation. Good thing I don't have everything for my major, and they don't much like pre-college credit, or I'd be outta here sooner than I'd like. I intend to enjoy a full four years of scholarships and such before I become a poor grad student living on peanut butter!)

While in class, an idea for one or two characters that I'd been playing with for about a day suddenly sprouted into the beginnings of a complex storyline set in a unique world. (As if I needed more of those.)

~Erin, 2:57 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


Salli's most recent mood

Quick Links:
Sarah - Jeni
Kat - Rayne
Heather - Eri


ice shadow flower by Sarah
This page is powered by Blogger. Is yours?